School begins at 8:00 --7th Grade; 8:05 --8th Grade








Monday, December 5, 2011

Faculty Spotlight--Mrs. Armstrong

  • Master of Arts in Education and Bachelor of Science from The University of Alabama at Birmingham
  • World History, Grade 8 and Civics/Geography, Grade 7
  • 17 years teaching experience
  •  My name is Dottye Armstrong. I graduated from Talladega High School, and worked to be able to attend college. I was given the opportunity to attend UAB and the rest is history. I am married to Jim Armstrong, of Talladega. Our family consists of 4 beautiful children: Marlye, age 21; Alex, age 10; Olivia, age 7; and Lola, age 5. Teaching was always a dream of mine, and as a child, I played school for hours. My students were always very quiet, disciplined and flat. I still love teaching and my students are no longer flat, but diverse, gregarious, creative, and intelligent. When I’m not being called Mrs. Armstrong, I am with my family. When time allows, I read all types of books, but my favorite author is James Patterson, and my favorite series is, without a doubt, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Being from Alabama, many of us differ in favorite colors, but when the leaves begin to change; my favorite colors are orange and blue….War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment