School begins at 8:00 --7th Grade; 8:05 --8th Grade








Thursday, August 9, 2012

Faculty Spotlight--Mrs. Irons

Ellis proudly welcomes Mrs. Pam Irons to our outstanding faculty!


I am Pam Irons, 7th grade math teacher. I have 19 years teaching experience. The first ten years I taught in the Walker County System. From there, I taught three years at Sumiton Christian School and the last six years have been at Westbrook Christian School in Rainbow City, AL. I am very excited about the opportunity to teach at Ellis Middle School and appreciate the responsibility and trust the School Board has given me.

My husband of over 32 years is Mike Irons who pastors Trinity United Methodist Church in Talladega. Mike and I have three grown sons. Our eldest, Derek, is married to Leslie and they have two sons. I will be glad to talk about my grandsons, Luke and Alex, anytime you would like! Our middle son, Deron, is marrying Katy on September 2, 2012 in Fort Worth, TX. Our youngest son, Daryl, is married to Haley and they have just purchased their first home in Gardendale, AL. Mike and I consider our sons, daughter-in-loves and grandchildren our greatest accomplishments and overwhelming blessings.

My sons, and now my grandchildren, help to shape my teaching strategies and classroom management. Always at the back of my mind when making decisions are the questions, “How would I want my son (grandson) taught? How would I want my son (grandson) treated by his teacher?” I am not perfect, but I do strive to be the best teacher for each student each year. I expect a lot from myself, and I also expect a lot from each student.


I look forward to working closely with each student as we strive toward the goal of Ellis Middle School “becoming the best school in America.”

No comments:

Post a Comment