School begins at 8:00 --7th Grade; 8:05 --8th Grade








Monday, July 30, 2012

Faculty Spotlight--Mr. Martindale

Ellis proudly welcomes Mr. Matt Martindale to our hard-working faculty!

 
My name is Matt Martindale, and I am happy to announce I am the new Director of Bands at Zora Ellis Junior High School and Assistant Director of Bands at Talladega High School.  I am originally from Birmingham, Alabama, where I grew up and graduated from Hoover High School.  I received my Bachelor of Music Education from Auburn University. 

At Auburn, I was a four-year member of the Auburn University Marching Band, Symphonic Winds Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, and was also a member of Concert Choir.  I was very much involved in the music community of Auburn and taught in various schools during my time down on “The Plains.”  Currently, I am pursuing my Master of Music Education from Auburn, as well. 

I have worked with all groups from ages of 5 to 22 years old.  I have taught every level of band and music.  I have performed throughout the United States, Mexico, England, Scotland, and Ireland.  I hope to bring my diverse background to my classroom to make it the best possible experience for my students.  

1 comment:

  1. i have met Mr. Martindale and he is a very nice person and teacher

    ReplyDelete